Homepage of Gabriele Costa
- Office: Viale Francesco Causa, 13, I-16145, Genoa, Italy.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +39 010 353 6545
- Fax: +39 010 353 2948
Gabriele Costa is researcher at the University of Genova. He received his Laurea degree in Computer Science in 2007 and his Ph.D in Computer Science in 2011. He was a memeber of the cybersecurity group of the Istituto di informatica e Telematica of the CNR. His appointments include a period as visiting researcher at ETH Zurich in 2016-2017.
His focus is on studying and applying formal methods for the automatic verification and testing of mobile and modular systems. These systems include those based on mobile software, web services, cloud and fog computing as well as the critical infrastructures and supply chains.
Involvement in Scientific Events
- 12th International Workshop on Automated Specification and Verification of Web Systems (WWV), 2016.
- 11th International Workshop on Security and High Performance Computing Systems (SHPCS), 2016.
- 6th International Workshop on Security, Privacy and Performance in Cloud Computing (SPCLOUD), 2016.
- 5th International Workshop on Security, Privacy and Performance in Cloud Computing (SPCLOUD), 2015.
- Demo and Exhibits Chair at the 15th International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation (HPCS), 2017.
- Social Events Chair at the 15th International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation (HPCS), 2017.
- Invited Talk at NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence, Vilnius, 20th March, 2017 (with Armando Tacchella).
- ESSOS’15 Industrial keynote speech “An Industrial platform for Mobile App Security Monitoring: the MAVeriC framework” (on behalf of Rocco Mammoliti).
I participated in the following research projects:
- FilieraSicura (Securing the Supply Chain of Domestic Critical Infrastructures from Cyber Attacks) funded by CISCO. Partner institutions: U. of Rome “La Sapienza” (coordinator), U. of Genova, U. of Napoli ``Federico II’’, U of Trento, U. of Venice “Ca’ Foscari”, Politecnico di Milano, Politecnico di Torino, IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca. Duration: 36 months, starting on January, 2017.
- Security Horizons (2010XSEMLC006), funded by the Italian Ministry of Scientific and Technological Research in the context of the PRIN 2011 Programme.
- Secure Provision and Consumption in the Internet of Services (SPaCIoS), STREP project number 257876, funded by the EU in the context of the 7th Framework Programme, THEME ICT-1-1.4 – Secure, dependable and trusted Infrastructures. Partner Institutions: U. of Verona (coordinator), U. of Genova, ETHZ, SAP Research, Siemens AG, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble. Duration: 36 months from October 11, 2010.
- Network of Excellence on Engineering Secure Future Internet Software Services and Systems, IFIP WG 11.14 Secure Engineering project number 256980, funded by the EU in the context of the 7th Framework Programme. Partner Institutions: IIT CNR (coordinator), Siemens AG, KU Leuven, U. of Malaga, U. of Trento, ATOS Spain, ETH Zurich, IMDEA Software, SINTEF. Duration: 36 months from October 2010 1, 2010.
- Aniketos, ICT-2009.1.4 Trustworthy ICT project number 257930, funded by the EU in the context of the 7th Framework Programme. Pertner Institutions: SINTEF (coordinator), Paris-Lodron-Universitat, SAP, Tecnalia, ATOS Spain, Thales, Selex SPA, Wind Telecomunications, ELSAG Datamat, ITALTEL, Deep Blue, IIT CNR, U. di Trento, John Moores U.
- Connect, ICT-2007.8.6, FET project number 231167, funded by the EU in the context of the 6th Framework Programme. Pertner Institutions: INRIA (coordinator), CNR, DoCoMo, Lancaster U., Thales, U. dell’Aquila, TU Dortmund, U. of Oxford, Uppsala U., Peking U., Ambientic Paris.
- [BYODroid Demonstrator], funded by NATO Communications and Information (NCI) Agency. Duration: 3 months, starting on March 1, 2015.
- Mobile Application Verification Cluster (MAVERIC), funded by Poste Italiane. Duration: 24 months, starting on January 1, 2014.
- 2015–present Sistemi per l’Automazione, MSc in Mechanics Engineering, University of Genova.
- 2013–2015 Fondamenti di Informatica BEng in Nauval Engineering, University of Genova.
- 2015–present Sicurezza del codice mobile, PhD in Computer science and system engineering, University of Genova.
- 2015–present Sicurezza del codice mobile, Second level master in Cyber Security, University of Genova.
I am PhD advisor of the following people:
- Federico Sinigaglia, University of Genova.
- Enrico Russo, University of Genova.
- Andrea Valenza, University of Genova.