- Born in Bordighera, Liguria, the 12th of December, 1993
- Dec. 2016: B.Sc. (L-8) in Computer Engineering at University of Genoa
- Oct. 2018: M.Sc. (LM-32) cum laude in Computer Engineering at University of Genoa
- From Nov. 2018: PhD student in Computer Science and Systems Engineering of the Department of Computer Science, Bioengineering, Robotics and Systems Engineering at University of Genoa
- L. Verderame, D. Caputo, A. Romdhana, & A. Merlo. “APPregator: A Large-Scale Platform for Mobile Security Analysis”. In IFIP International Conference on Testing Software and Systems (pp. 73-88). Springer, Cham.
- D. Caputo, L. Verderame, & A. Merlo. “MobHide: App-Level Runtime Data Anonymization on Mobile”. In International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security (pp. 490-507). Springer, Cham.
- L. Verderame, D. Caputo, A. Romdhana, A. Merlo. “On the (Un)Reliability of Privacy Policies in Android Apps” in Proc. of the 2020 World Congress on Computational Intelligence, Jul 19-24, 2020, Glasgow, Scotland.
- D. Caputo, L. Verderame, A. Ranieri, A. Merlo and L. Caviglione. “Fine-hearing Google Home: why silence will not protect your privacy” in Journal of Wireless Mobile Networks, Ubiquitous Computing, and Dependable Applications (JoWUA).
- L. Verderame, D. Caputo, M. Migliardi and A. Merlo. “AppIoTTE: An Architecture for the Security Assessment of Mobile-IoT Ecosystems” in Web, Artificial Intelligence and Network Applications
- D. Caputo, L. Verderame, A. Merlo, A. Ranieri, L. Caviglione. “Are you (Google) Home? Detecting Users’ Presence through Traffic Analysis” in Proc. of the 4th Italian Conference on Cybersecurity, Feb 4-7, 2020, Ancona, Italy.
- N. Dejon, D. Caputo, L. Verderame, A. Armando and A. Merlo. “Automated Security Analysis of IoT Software Updates” of 13th WISTP International Conference on Information Security Theory and Practice (WISTP’ 2019).
- D. Caputo, L. Verderame, S. Aonzo, A. Merlo. “Droids in Disarray: Detecting Frame Confusion in Hybrid Android Apps” in Proc. of the 33rd Annual IFIP WG 11.3 Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy (DBSec 2019), Charleston, South Carolina, USA.
- D. Caputo, L. Verderame, A. Merlo, L. Caviglione. “Investigating Traffic of Smart Speakers and IoT Devices: Security Issues and Privacy Threats”, in Internet of Things and Secure Smart Environments: Success and Pitfalls, CRC Press.
|Degree||Course Taught||From: (a.y.)||To: (a.y.)||Tot. yrs.|
|M.Sc. Computer Engineering||Data Protection and Privacy||2018||now||3|
|B. Eng. Computer Engineering||Android Programming||2018||now||2|
- Office: room 320, DIBRIS - Department of Mathematics, Via Dodecaneso, 35, 16146 Genova - Italy
- Email: davide.caputo (A) dibris.unige.it